With the end of Gossip Girl comes the end of weekly fix of Blake Lively’s on-screen character Serena Van Der Woodsen and her amazing hair.
Love her or hate her, you have to admit that her hair always looks effortlessly stylish.
Blake’s trademark is the boho braid and always looks great on her.
A boho braid is great for college days or for a relaxed off-duty look. Here’s how to get the look.
1. This style works best on hair with a bit of texture. If styling freshly washed hair, apply a sea-salt spray or another texturising spray down the lengths of the hair.
2. Brush out tangles and make a deep side parting. [For a more volumised style, backcomb at the roots in sections, focusing on the larger side of the part.]
3. Brush the hair and smoothly pull to the side opposite the parting. [If you have backcombed then smooth the lengths of the hair too but don’t completely brush out the backcombing.]
4. Separate the hair into 3 sections of uneven thickness. I keep the thinnest section at about 1cm thick, the middle section 1inch, and the largest section comprising the rest of the hair.
5. Start braiding loosely from about the bottom of the ear and take the braid all the way to the end of the hair.
6. Take a small clear/ hair colour matched elastic bands and tie off the end of the braid.
7. Gently pull at random sections of the braid to give a more relaxed look. Keep adjusting until you’re happy with the size and texture of the braid and you’re done.
P.S. Don’t forget that today is DAY ELEVEN and the second to last day of my 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS giveaway! Enter todays draw by posting a comment at the bottom of THIS POST.
Make sure to tag it #12daysgiveaway and if you’re on Twitter, add your username (@….) here as well.
First commenter = #1, Second = #2, etc and at 9am (UK time) the next morning I’ll draw a random number as the winner!