I like a tightly lined eye. Fact.
Lining the waterline always brings tears and smudges. Fiction.
Keep reading for a really quick and easy way to line the top and bottom waterline, minus the tears.
This can be done with or without a mirror but should only be used when applying eyeliner yourself. This method works best with creamy cone kajal like Bourjois Queen Attitude Kohl, Euphidra cone kohl or Blue Heaven, but can be used with regular kohl pencils too.
- Sharpen kohl pencil if not already sharpened to a rounded point.
- Open eye and place kohl on outer corner of the waterline.
- Close eye and run the kohl along the top waterline, from outer corner to inner corner and back again, pressing lightly to ensure even application.
- Open eye and resharpen kohl if necessary.
- Repeat step 3 on the other eye.
- If you want to line top and bottom waterlines, just repeat steps 1-5 for the lower waterline.
And that’s it. No fuss. No tears. Remember DO NOT USE this method when applying makeup on someone else, as you can’t feel the edge of the waterline and may cause damage to their eye if pencil slips.
Try it out and let me know how it goes.